The Greater Mount Airy Chamber of Commerce, the Mount Airy Visitors Center, and Surry Arts Council work together to provide groups a basic orientation tour of Mount Airy and surrounding areas. The two-hour orientation tour allows visitors to experience Mount Airy and examine exhibits about other legends and attractions. There are numerous add-ons to extend your trip to Mount Airy that are available as well as special group rates for local hotels.
BOOK YOUR GROUP TOUR NOW
To set up your tour, please contact the Greater Mount Airy Chamber of Commerce at
Step-On Tour Guide Rates
Basic Orientation Tour with a step-on-guide is $5 per person
• Reservations should be made at least two weeks in advance.
• The Greater Mount Airy Chamber of Commerce enlists the help of locals who are step-on guides to keep tour rates low. Cash gratuity for step-on-guides is appreciated.
Typical Mount Airy, North Carolina Group Tour
• The group boards the bus or van with our “deputy-on-duty” step-on tour guide to learn about life in Mount Airy and the “Mayberry State of Mind.”
• Mayberry fans will see The Andy Griffith Museum, Snappy Lunch, the Old City Jail, Floyd’s City Barber Shop, the Andy Griffith Playhouse, TV Land Landmark Andy and Opie Statue, Andy’s Homeplace, Mayberry Courthouse and Wally’s Service Station.Other
Group Tour Options
• Mount Airy Museum of Regional History
• Siamese Twins Exhibit at Surry Arts Council
• Siamese Twins burial site
• Tour the 1903 Victorian-style Gertrude Smith House
• Downtown Mount Airy Shopping
• Horne Creek Living Historical Farm
• Area vineyards and wineries
• Pilot Mountain State Park
• Ask about yearly events and festivals
Add-on Options through Surry Arts Council
Special performances by local bluegrass and old-time musicians and bands, garden tours, Andy Griffith Playhouse backstage tours, art classes, flatfooting instructional videos, jam sessions, music lessons on fiddle/guitar/mandolin, photography workshops, lectures, movies in the Earle Theatre, and so much more!
Ghost Tours & Darker Side of Mayberry Tours
Contact the Mount Airy Museum of Regional History for more information.
Friday and Saturday Evenings June – October for ghost tours and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday afternoon for Darker Side of Mayberry Tours.