Group Travel Planner
The Mount Airy Visitors Center provides groups a basic orientation tour of Mount Airy and surrounding areas. The two-hour orientation tour allows visitors to experience Mount Airy and examine exhibits about other legends and attractions. There are numerous add-ons to extend your trip to Mount Airy that are available as well as special group rates for local hotels.
Typical Mount Airy, North Carolina Group Tour
- Our step-on tour guide will board your bus or van with your group. The group will learn about life in Mount Airy and the “Mayberry State of Mind.”
- Mayberry fans will see The Andy Griffith Museum, Snappy Lunch, Floyd’s City Barber Shop, the Andy Griffith Playhouse, TV Land Landmark Andy and Opie Statue, Andy’s Homeplace, Mayberry Courthouse and Wally’s Service Station.
- The cost for the step-on guide for groups of 20 or more is $5 per person.
Group Tour Options
• Mount Airy Museum of Regional History
• Siamese Twins Exhibit at Surry Arts Council
• Siamese Twins burial site
• Tour the 1903 Victorian-style Gertrude Smith House
• Downtown Mount Airy Shopping
• Horne Creek Living Historical Farm
• Area vineyards and wineries
• Pilot Mountain State Park
Add-on Options through Surry Arts Council
Special performances by local bluegrass and old-time musicians and bands, garden tours, Andy Griffith Playhouse backstage tours, art classes, flatfooting instructional videos, jam sessions, music lessons on fiddle/guitar/mandolin, photography workshops, lectures, movies in the Earle Theatre, and so much more!
Ghost Tours & Darker Side of Mayberry Tours
Contact the Mount Airy Museum of Regional History for more information.
Friday and Saturday Evenings June – October for ghost tours and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday afternoon for Darker Side of Mayberry Tours.